What You Need to Know About Applying to Military Housing

February 15, 2018

If you're thinking of applying to military housing, there are a lot of things you'll need to know before you get started. Military housing is a great opportunity for you and your family, but you'll want to make sure that you get the application process right before you begin. Here's everything you'll need to know.

  • In order to qualify for Lincoln Military Housing, you'll need to be active duty military, have at least one accompanying family member, be eligible for Basic Allowance for Housing, have orders to one of the installations that the housing area serves, and have six months or more remaining on your current duty assignment.
  • Next, select the military installation you are moving to in order to obtain the appropriate contact information of your Military Housing Office.
  • Required documents include a housing application cover sheet, application card, current orders, DD1746, a copy of your Page 2 or DD93, current LES, and your ID.
  • If applicable, you may also need a medical pregnancy statement supplied by your physician since the term of pregnancy to qualify for a larger home varies from installation to installation.
  • If you share custody of dependent children, you must provide proof of legal custody (final decree documents) specifically stating that you are entitled to custody for at least 6 consecutive months a year in order to have dependents considered for eligibility.
  • When you live at Lincoln Military Housing, your BAH covers both your rent, renters insurance, gas, water, and average electricity usage.
  • In order to find out what size home you qualify for, you'll be notified of availability at the time of assignment and depending on whether or not there is a waiting list.
Categories: MiscellaneousTags:Apartments in Camp LeJeune camp lejeune Military Housing things to do in camp lejeune

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This