LMH Live Green–10 Ways to Make A Difference!
September 17, 2012
We’re proud of the changes we’re making as a company to support Living Green principles and we want to help your family to do the same. Through responsible landscaping conversions, energy efficient appliances, and partnering on sustainable and environmentally sensitive construction and management practices, Lincoln Military Housing is dedicated to doing our part for the planet.
Below you’ll find resources and information that make protecting our planet easy. There are simple tips to follow at home, plus you’ll also discover resources available directly through your Lincoln community housing office. The simple steps we all take at home can go a long way in protecting our planet. Here are some easy ways to get started:
10 Ways to Make a Difference
- Turn off the Water: While brushing your teeth and shaving.
- Recycle: Bottles, cans, and newspapers.
- Share a Ride: Save gas and money by carpooling to work, find a partner at www.erideshare.com.
- Shop Green: Pick up your free reusable “green bag” at your Lincoln District Office.
- Report Leaks: Call Lincoln at Your Service (1-888-578-4141) to report dripping faucets and toilets.
- Hit the Switch: Turn off the lights when you leave a room.
- Wash Full: Run the dishwasher and washing machine with full loads.
- Go Fluorescent: Call Lincoln at Your Service (1-888-578-4141) to exchange old light bulbs for compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Turn it Down: Set the thermostat 2° higher in the summer and 2° lower in the winter.
- Dispose Safely: Check with the Lincoln District Office for the nearest disposal center for used motor oil, batteries and electronics.